In their third year, students in the engineering program interested in a career in research can enroll in a Master’s degree program in parallel with their studies as part of the Ph.D. Track.
This training allows students who wish to pursue a doctorate to make a transition from the world of engineering schools to the world of research (fundamental or applied) in the best conditions.
A Ph.D. is a strong added value and provides a highly demanded qualification, especially internationally.
There are seven Master’s degrees:
- Research Master’s in Mathematics and Applications in Fundamental Mathematics (Universities of Rennes 1 and Rennes 2, INSA Rennes and ENS Rennes)
- Research Master’s in Public Health, clinical pharmacology and integrative epidemiology modeling track (University of Rennes 1)
- Master of Research in Finance, Advanced Studies and Research in Finance (IGR-IAE Rennes)
- Research Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics in Health’s course (University of Rennes 1)
- Research Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computer science and integrative biology’s course (University of Rennes 1)
- Master’s degree in Economics, specializing in Theoretical and Empirical Economics (ETE in French) (University of Aix-Marseille)
- Master’s degree in Digisport research (Universities of Rennes 1 and Rennes 2)
The choice of one of these Master’s programs determines the choice of the engineering program’s third year specialization.