The Mathematics competitive entrance exam is intended for students in post-secondary preparatory classes for the grandes écoles (CPGE), having chosen the MP or MP* specialization.
These are conditions required in order to take the entrance exam:
- statistical engineering students (civilian): no particular conditions apply
- civil servant student statisticians for INSEE (government employee) must :
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or signatory to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Andorra or Monaco);
- enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- prove a clean criminal record (Bulletin n°2 in France), compatible with official duties;
- prove physically fit for employment;
- have on September 1st of the year for which the examination is organized, a valid schooling certificate (to be a registered student) to certify that they are in the 2nd year of the preparatory classes for the grandes écoles entrance exams, or a level III (2nd year post-baccalauréat) title or degree, or qualifications that are recognized as being equivalent to these titles or degrees;
- have fulfilled any obligations they may have for National Service.
Candidates may only take the competitive exam to become an INSEE civil servant three times.
How to Enroll
Registration for the Mathematics Competitive Exam for engineering students (civilians) and INSEE civil servant students must be one online at www.scei-concours.fr.
Enrollment frees for the 2021 exams are:
- Engineering students (civilian) : €200 (CCINP fee) + €55 (ENSAI fee). Students on French scholarships are exempt from paying these fees.
- INSEE civil servant students (government employee): free
EXAMS and SYLLABUS
The terms, conditions, and format of the Mathematics competitive exam are available on Concours commun INP (CCINP). The Epreuves are the same for both profiles of students (civilians or civil servants).
All the exams are organized by the CCINP (MP field). ENSAI does not take into account the physics and the chemistry examinations (coefficient = 0). However, ENSAI applies specific coefficients to other subjects:
|Computer Science or Industrial Sciences
|Optional Written Exam
|Modern Language 2
|TIPE – common exam
> The program and rules are available on Notice for the Concours communs INP
> Past exam subjects
Exam results will be disponible August 8th 2020 at 8 p.m in CCINP
How accept and official join ENSAI please visit : www.scei-concours.fr
For additional information, please contact ENSAI’s Admissions Office: email@example.com / +33 (0)2 99 05 32 47
- Registration is open on www.scei-concours.fr : from December 10, 2020, to January 12, 2021, at 5 p.m.
- Written exams: May 3 to May 6, 2021
- Orals exams: June 21 to July 17, 2021
- Admission results: July 21, 2021
> Entrance exam 2019
Engineering candidates: 1,789 enrolled, 1,126 shortlisted, 53 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 500
INSEE civil servant candidates: 1,264 enrolled, 920 shortlisted, 22 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 567
> Entrance exam 2018
Engineering candidates: 1,838 enrolled, 1,142 shortlisted, 52 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 402
INSEE civil servant candidates: 1,222 enrolled, 897 shortlisted, 25 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 570
> Entrance exam 2017
Engineering candidates: 1,819 enrolled, 1,182 shortlisted, 50 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 446
INSEE civil servant candidates: 1,189 enrolled, 862 shortlisted, 28 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 532
> Entrance exam 2016
Engineering candidates: 1,819 enrolled, 1,218 shortlisted, 51 admitted. The Lowest rank admitted: 490
INSEE civil servant candidates: 1,279 enrolled, 901 shortlisted, 30 admitted. Lowest rank admitted: 585
For More Details
- Website for the common entrance exams : concours communs INP (for rules, writing and oral curriculum)
- Website for the engineering school entrance exams: SCEI (for enrollment and official registration information)