The “Economics and Management” option of ENSAI’s Economics Competitive Entrance Exam is essentially suited for students who have completed ENS Cachan D2 preparatory classes.
Conditions to Take the Entrance Exam :
- statistical engineering students (civilian): no particular conditions apply
- civil servant student statisticians for INSEE (government employee) must :
- be a citizen of an EU Member State or signatory to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Andorra or Monaco);
- enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- prove a clean criminal record (Bulletin n°2 in France), compatible with official duties;
- prove physically fit for employment;
- have on September 1st of the year for which the examination is organized, a valid schooling certificate (to be a registered student) to certify that they are in the 2nd year of the preparatory classes for the grandes écoles entrance exams, or a level III (2nd year post-baccalauréat) title or degree, or qualifications that are recognized as being equivalent to these titles or degrees;
- have fulfilled any obligations they may have for National Service.
Registration for the Economics and Management Entrance Exam for statistical engineering students (civilians) and civil servant statisticians for INSEE (government employees) must be done on the website: www.concours-bce.com, option for Cachan D2 preparatory classes, then ENSAI civil (engineer) and/or Ensai fonctionnaire (civil servant student statistician for INSEE) – option “Economics and Management”.
Examination fees for 2021:
- Statistical engineering students (civilian) : €55 (specific ENSAI fee). Students benefiting from a French grant or bursary are exempt from paying.
- INSEE civil servant student statisticians: free
EXAMS AND SYLLABUS
The exams and coefficients are identical for statistical engineering students (civilians) and INSEE civil servant student statisticians.
The written and oral examinations are based on the curriculum for the Economics and Management entrance exam for ENS Cachan – with the “Economics and Management” option, except for the oral exam in mathematics, which is specific to ENSAI.
Candidates who are absent to one of the exams or receive a score of 0 are automatically eliminated.
Except for the mathematics oral exam, the curriculum for all exams is the same as the ENS Cachan “Economics and Management” entrance examination – option “Economics and Management (Cachan D2). For the specific oral entrance exam, complex numbers are added to the ENS Cachan entrance exam curriculum.
> Past Exam Papers – 2018
> Oral exam subject in mathematics, school jury report
Eligibility and admission results are made public on ENSAI’s website.
The results for eligibility (shortlist) for the 2019 Economics and Management examination are:
Admission results for the 2019 Economics and Management examination are:
Wait-listed Candidates :
Admitted candidates must confirm their wish to join ENSAI by emailing their confirmation to admission[@]ensai.fr.
For wait-listed candidates, please confirm with ENSAI if you wish to remain on this list.
- Registration at www.concours-bce.com: December 10, 2020, to January 12, 2021, until 5 p.m/.
- Written exams: April 19 to 22, 2022
- Oral exams: May 30 to 3 June, 2022
- Admission results: June 2022
> Competitive Exams 2019
Engineering students: 140 applied, 68 shortlisted, 8 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position: 35
INSEE civil servant statisticians: 276 applied, 99 shortlisted, 5 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position : 32
> Competitive Exams 2018
Engineering students: 151 applied, 72 shortlisted, 7 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position: 42
INSEE civil servant statisticians: 285 applied, 99 shortlisted, 4 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position : 54
> Competitive Exams 2017
Engineering students : 149 applied, 67 shortlisted, 8 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position: 49
INSEE civil servant statisticians: 276 applied, 99 shortlisted, 8 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position: 80
> Competitive Exams 2016
Engineering students: 158 applied, 83 shortlisted, 6 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position: 60
INSEE civil servant statisticians: 317 applied, 107 shortlisted, 5 admitted. Lowest admitted rank position: 68