BERNOULLI-IMS ONE WORLD SYMPOSIUM 2020
From August 24th to August 28th 2020, a virtual one week symposium on Probability and Mathematical Statistics. Researchers from all stages of academic careers are invited to present their research work!
The symposium will be a mixture of live talks, recorded talks with hangout sessions for discussions:
- Live talks will be live streamed (via zoom) for everyone.
- Prerecorded talks on original research work will be prerecorded by the speakers. One week before the symposium all talks will be available for streaming.
- During the week there will be discussion sessions (via zoom) for every single talk. All participants are invited to meet the speakers for live discussions of the contributions.
- One week before the symposium posters will be available online.
- Virtual interactions will be organised within the sessions during the week. This part will be the most experimental, stay tuned!
Join live discussions with ENSAI-CREST researchers:
August 24th, 12pm (10am UTC)
“Limit theorems, large deviations and extremes: On a relationship between randomly and non-randomly thresholded empirical average excesses for heavy tails”, live discussion with Gilles Stupfler.
August 24th, 13pm (11am UTC)
“Time series analysis and econometrics: Wilks’ theorem for semiparametric regressions with weakly dependent data”, live discussion with Matthieu Marbac.
August 28th, 12.30pm (10.30am UTC)
“Case studies in Statistics: Mixture of hidden Markov models for accelerometer data”, live discussion with Marie du Roy de Chaumaray.
Participation at the symposium is free, registration is mandatory to get the passwords for the zoom sessions.